Hear directly from screenwriting analyst John Truby.
Truby is a screenwriter, director and teacher who has served as a consultant on over 1,000 film scripts over the past three decades, and is also known for the screenwriting book, 2007’s “The Anatomy of Story: 22 Steps to Becoming a Master Storyteller.” He also created the software program Blockbuster (originally “Storyline Pro”).
WHEN: Wednesday, June 30th – 12:00pm PST
WHERE: ZOOM. Click REGISTER to be redirected to sign up! (Link will be provided via email.)
DURING THIS FREE WEBINAR YOU WILL LEARN:
- The biggest problem in popular story today (specifically for screenplay)
- The #1 misconception writers have about selling their script
- Why narrative drive is the most important aspect of ANY story you write. (Nail this and 80% of your work is done!)
- Strategies used by
- J.R.R. Tolkien in The Lord of the Rings, and
- Suzanne Collins in the Hunger Games trilogy that create blockbuster stories.
- The single most important set of Plot Techniques for professional storytelling
- Why the hero’s journey and 3-act structure won’t begin to do the job at the professional level
- The one story element Hollywood looks for in a script that’s more important than all other story elements combined
- How to create a Desire Line that MAXIMIZES the narrative drive
- Where 99% of stories fail – and why
- The all-important connection between Narrative Drive and Opponent (no one else in story is teaching this, though this is one of my favorite techniques which can make or destroy a novel)
- Why adequate Conflict is one of the keys to great Narrative Drive (and the component that gives you the ability to accelerate it towards the finish line)
- How Narrative Drive changes based on your Genre
- Which Characters promote Narrative Drive, and which don’t (knowing this, you can put your focus on the 20% that is going to make 80% of the difference to the power of your story)
- Why Story World is the biggest enemy of Narrative Drive, and yet a VITAL component to your voice… and then knowing how to make them work together for maximum impact
- How to create Plot that increases narrative drive