Companies of all sizes in every industry utilize the internet, social media, and advertising to promote and establish their companies and brands. This program will provide an overview of the intellectual property issues that all businesses should be aware of in connection with their advertising and promotional activities. Among the issues that will be covered:
- What is copyright and what does it protect?
- When can another person’s copyrighted material be used?
- What is fair use?
- How are trademark rights acquired?
- Can another company’s brand be used in advertising?
- Can the image or identity of another person be used in advertising without their permission?
- What are the general rules for making claims in an advertisement?
James Griffith has been protecting the brands and creative assets of his clients for over 20 years. His clients range from Fortune 100 companies seeking management of international portfolios to start-ups creating and applying for their very first trademarks. He counsels clients throughout the entire intellectual property life-cycle, from conception and selection through registration and enforcement, including litigation.
Streaming LIVE on FB and YouTube: @cce.global