Step into the world of product management with General Assembly. During our online introductory workshop, explore how product managers use leadership and versatility to launch products people love. Touch on key tools and techniques for testing, designing, and improving products. Plus:
- Discover the role and responsibilities of a product manager.
- Survey today’s product management landscape and its career opportunities.
- Walk through the fundamentals of the product management process including storyboarding, identifying risks and assumptions, and more.
- Apply what you’ve learned to design a basic minimum viable product (MVP).
Chart your own career path. Pick up where this workshop leaves off. Enhance your professional skill set in our part-time Product Management workshop.
- Describe the Product Management job landscape and learning opportunities for product management skills
- Explain the role and core responsibilities of a product manager
- Craft problem statements and hypotheses for a product or feature idea
- Identify key risks and assumptions
- Design a basic MVP to validate key assumptions
- This class is taken completely online
- We will provide a link to the platform on the day of the class
- This class requires a computer and strong internet connection
- In order to successfully enroll in this class, you must sign up at least two hours prior to the listed start time. If you sign up after that cutoff, you may not receive the link to the platform for the livestream. If anyone has issues receiving the link, please email email@example.com.
About the Instructor
Charis LovelandAI Business Development Manager,
Amazon Web Services
Charis Loveland works at AWS as a business development manager on the cloud intelligence team specializing in artificial intelligence and machine learning. She has a decade and a half of experience in product management, AI, data analytics, new product introduction, file and hardware storage, and software development. After launching a crowdsourcing platform for Azure ML at Microsoft, Charis founded Rue La La’s data science team, creating and executing a roadmap and strategy for personalization and customer sub-segmentation. Charis co-founded an ML startup and has taught several business courses at General Assembly as well as online courses about data science at MIT, Dartmouth, and Columbia. Charis serves as a coding instructor, mentor, and advocate for early STEM education and volunteers for several nonprofits that help promote greater diversity in the technology industry.