During our online introductory workshop, explore the building blocks of the web — HTML and CSS — and learn how you can apply these programming languages to develop your own simple sites.
What will the remote learning experience be like?
- Ask questions and interact with peers and expert instructors — all in real time. Collaborate via live chat, voice, and video.
- Complete hands-on coursework in an online classroom designed to keep you engaged and focused.
- Gain accountability and guidance from your instructor and fellow classmates to help you turn skills into career success.
By writing your own lines of code, you’ll:
- Get a closer look at how the developer community and many different fields benefit from coding knowledge.
- Learn how HTML and CSS function together to form the backbone of the web.
- Cover key coding terms and principles.
- Develop a custom, working web page from scratch.
Chart your own career path.
- A laptop is required for this workshop.
- For those on Windows, you’ll need Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 (32- or 64-bit). For those with Macs, you’ll need the Mac OS X 10.8.5 or higher, up to 10.11.4 (El Capitan). Upgrade your operating system before class, if needed.
- Basic technical aptitude and orientation to computers, and curiosity to learn new tools.
- Download Sublime Text 3.
NOTE: A small percentage of participants may not receive emails from us due to some domains blocking our automated emails. If you do not receive sign in instructions within 1 hour of the livestream, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone from our team will be sure to respond to you with sign in instructions right away.