About this event
- 2 days 3 hours
- Mobile eTicket
The Innovators’ House is a series of conversations during the Sundance and Slamdance film festivals, investigating what it takes to evolve our understanding of ourselves, each other, and our collective future — with storytelling as one of the most essential tools. Our wide range of panelists (creators, technologists, philanthropists, and activists) address the challenges and opportunities in storytelling-as-cultural-innovation.
Register for access to the virtual livestream!
Join the Park City conversation, from anywhere:
Sat 1/21 | Panels: Changing Stories About the World | 11:00a – 2:00p | A three-panel event addressing narrative change on a global scale.
- The Tech We Want | Technology and narrative change experts, Aniyia Williams (Omidyar Network), Damian Bradfield (CEO, WeTransfer), and Lela Meadow-Conner (Mamafilm) on stories in tech and leveraging technology to reach people in new ways.
- Climate Stories | Panelists Poppy Mason-Watts (Waterbear, impact distribution), and Sundance filmmakers Elaine McMillion Sheldon (King Coal) and Richie Mehta (Poacher) draw the link between storytelling and real work climate change.
- SLAM: Poetry as Innovation | 25 years ago, SLAM won the Grand Jury Prize at Sundance. Saul Williams and Sonja Sohn led the cast in an incredible film about social inequality and the grinding gears of the criminal “justice” system. We’re joined by director Marc Levin and poets Saul Williams, Sonja Sohn, and Momolu Stewart.
Mon 1/23 | Panels: Story Innovators | 11:00a – 2:00p | A two-panel event for storytellers.
- Rejection as Creative Fuel | Rejection can spark your next best idea — as well as your own definition of success. Moderated by Meghan Ross (Seed&Spark), with panelists Kacie Lett Gordon and Katie Louise Mullins (co-founders of It All Media), Sundance filmmaker Stefanie Abel Horowitz (Sometimes I Think About Dying), and producer/director Lisa Cunningham.
- Joy as Cultural Innovation | Activists and creators pushing beyond trauma-porn-as-representation and using the power of celebration, humor and joy to shift how we feel about ourselves, each other and our future together. Panelists include: Imani Wilson Shabazz (Plan C Pills), Alex Schmider (GLAAD), Codie Elaine Oliver (Black Love Inc.), and Miciana Alise (Fancy Pants).
About Innovators’ House
Innovators’ House is a week of programming in Park City, drawing together independent creators and industry heavyweights in technology and entertainment. Our focus is narrative change: storytelling as cultural innovation and social justice.
Connecting people through stories that matter. Seed&Spark is where creators and audiences work together to tell stories that celebrate diverse voices and foster vibrant conversation. Our new Patrons Circle grants crowdfunding creators up to $5,000 from value-aligned industry veterans. Join a free virtual event, start — or support — a creative project. Find your next spark of curiosity, inspiration and community! seedandspark.com
About Omidyar Network
Established by philanthropists Pam and Pierre Omidyar, Omidyar Network is a social change venture that has committed more than $1 billion to innovative for-profit companies and nonprofit organizations since 2004. Omidyar Network works to reimagine critical systems and the ideas that govern them, and to build more inclusive and equitable societies in which individuals have the social, economic, and democratic power to thrive. omidyar.com
BoxedUp is a cinema equipment rental marketplace that connects DP’s, AC’s and production companies to local pro shops and vetted owner-operators. Providing access to gear across all major production categories, rentals from BoxedUp are available for local prep and pickup, or nationwide delivery. tryboxedup.com