What makes a song a true advertising sync gem? What do music supervisors look for when they are pitching and placing songs? Songwriters, artists, musicians, music publishers and record labels are always looking for the next big sync. Land the right one, and it can change the course of a single, an album, or even a career.
In this session, we will share invaluable insights on the world of music synchronization in today’s market by hearing how music supervisors find and place songs, and by learning what you can do to increase your chances of landing a sync.
Kristen Hosack | Senior Music Supervisor at Saatchi and Saatchi
Mandy Gabriel | VP of Sync at Universal Music Publishing
Carol Dunn | Executive Music Producer at Human Worldwide
Bonny Dolan | Executive Producer at Comma Music.
Talia Rubino | Director of Creative Sync at Warner/Chappell Music
interested WIM Members will have the opportunity to submit their own song for potential review/critique. This is a great chance to get feedback directly from music supervisors and industry creatives.
If you’re interested in having your song played and reviewed by the panelists during the session:
1. RSVP to attend the event, and then
2. Submit your .mp3 file to email@example.com no later than November 11th.
Please note the following:
• Songs submitted after the deadline will not be considered;
• You must be present at the session to have your song considered for review;
• Songs will be selected at random and we will accommodate as many as possible; however, it is possible that not everyone will have the opportunity to have their song selected/reviewed due to time constraints; and song submissions are open to WIM Members ONLY.
WIM members are free with RSVP.
If you are not a WIM Member, but would like to submit a song for critique, please join WIM at http://www.womeninmusic.org first and then RSVP as a WIM member.
If you are not a WIM member, but interested in attending this event to listen, you can purchase a ticket.
DistroKid is a service that artists use to put music into online stores and streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music, TikTok, Amazon Music and more. Whether you’re an artist distributing your own music or a label managing multiple artists, it is DistroKid’s mission to provide high quality tools and services that help artists at any level be prolific.
Discount link for 30% your first year’s membership – http://distrokid.com/vip/WIM