After a deserved rest and a long awaited New Year, join us for a very special online premiere of “FRXR: A Handbook for Immersive Producers”. Save the date: January 21st – 12:30PM ET! After a 30-min presentation of the handbook, we will invite you to a social event to meet with French studios.
The first part of this event – the presentation of the handbook – will be hosted by René Pinnell, CEO of Kaleidoscope, with the participation of:
- Gaëtan Bruel, Cultural Counselor & Permanent Representative of French Universities in the U.S.
- Ana Brzezińska, Curator and Producer at Kaleidoscope
- Industry experts who were interviewed for the handbook. Among them: Jimmy Cheng – Director of Content at Digital Domain, Chloé Jarry – CEO of Lucid Realities, Amy Zimmerman – Lead of The Unity for Humanity Program…
During the second part, we invite you to discuss in small groups with some of the best French studios (you’ll meet a new studio every 10 minutes). They will tell you more about their creative projects! Among them: ATLAS V, ArtofCorner, BackLight, DaProd, Emissive, Fabbula, Floréal Films, INNERSPACE VR, Lucid Realities, Lucid Dreams Productions, Lucid Realities, Novelab, Perpetual eMotion (VRrOOm), Small by Mac Guff, TARGO, etc.
About the handbook: The partners of French Immersion (the Cultural Services of the French Embassy in the USA, the FACE Foundation, the CNC, UniFrance, and the Institut Français) have entrusted Kaleidoscope to conduct FR//XR, a 10-month study on how to fund and distribute immersive works. The handbook includes:
- An overview of the VR market in the US, and some of the changes induced by COVID-19.
- An analysis of business models for immersive media with focus on funding and other forms of support provided by platforms, technology and telecommunications companies, as well as online and location-based distribution possibilities.
- Practical recommendations for how to expand to the US market.
- Interviews with twelve industry leaders representing Tribeca Film Festival, Epic Games, Hewlett-Packard, HTC Vive, Microsoft, Unity, French immersive studios, and many more.
- A useful map of key actors in the North American XR industry.
Research aside, we have also produced a series of 7 online events featuring 25 XR professionals who spoke about the ongoing changes induced by the COVID-19 pandemic and a prolonged lockdown in Europe and North America. In organizing these sessions, we have been generously supported by Cannes XR/Marché du Film, New Images Festival/ Forum des Images, and We Are Museums.
Register here for the event and to get the latest info about the handbook!