Founded in 1993, the Cutting Edge Music Business Conference features successful music professionals who address “hot” topics and “new” trends–everything from getting your music in films, to booking, touring, publicity and promotions.
10:00 – 11:00 AM The making of a Virtual Variety Show – RIGHT HERE with Tony Moore –
LIVE from London Singer/Songwriter, Producer, Artistic Director at The Bedford, has produced a virtual variety show every day throughout the pandemic lockdown. An amazing CGI production
complete with musical guests, interviews, plenty of CGI imagery. Tony and his crew will discuss how it all come together day after day.
- Tony Moore, Musician, Songwriters, Producer, Music Director, The Bedford
11:15 – 12:30 PM FutureCasting: What to Expect in Promotions and Management in 2021? What is essential to get right?
Publicists and managers are on the front line of artists’ survival the pandemic has created anxiety over the future of LIVE music, the best methods for promoting artists and projects. What can we expect in the industry for the next 18 – 24 months?
- Ryan Block, WeCollective (Moderator)
- Cindy D’Adamo, LadyLake PR
- Paul K. Saunders, Co-Founder of Lightwork Digital and New Music Lives
- Bridget Fleury, Executive Entertainment Management
- Michael Dixon, Management Soda Rock Music
- Marcia Groff, Entertainment Enterprises
12:45 – 1:45 PM 5G – Revolutionizing Live Streaming?
- Linda Septien, Septien Entertainment
- Huntington Septien, Septien Entertainment
2:00 – 2:45 PM Keynote conversation with our Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient Jim McCormick
Hit Songwriter Jim McCormick, and Jan Ramsey, Publisher, OffBeat Music Magazine, will discuss Jim’s career, New Orleans, and how he became a Nashville icon.
- Jim McCormick, Songwriter
- Jan Ramsey, Publisher, OffBeat Magazine
3:00 – 4:15 PM Making Records for TV/Film & Ad Placements?
The lines are blurring on what is thought of as “music for sync” and “records for release”. Top-level artists, writers, producers, and publishers are making songs for ads, TV promos, shows, and trailers. Sometimes it’s for a specific project or brief, and other times its just great songs that have a high probability of finding a choice placement. This panel will explore what makes a great “sync song” and what are the attributes that raise the perception of the buyer to pay respectable fees for the use of the music. We’ll also discuss how to promote the song in other media such as YouTube, Spotify, and Instagram when a prime placement with big exposure is featuring the song.
- Rich Goldman, President, RIPTIDE MUSIC GROUP (Moderator)
- Justin “Bumper” Reeve, Founder and CEO of Hidden Track Music, LLC
- Alison Sieh, Music Supervisor for Aspect Ratio – Trailer House
4:00 – 9:00 PM Showcases
Artists Showcases by genres or mix bag