In this special holiday extravaganza of Screen Time, we’re joined by Academy Award-winning screenwriter/producer/novelist Pamela Wallace. A writer and producer of several holiday films, we’ll chat about the various elements necessary to make a seasonal screenplay succeed. We’ll break down factors such as atmosphere and nostalgia, family and magic, and everything else that make holiday movies feel so warm and unique.
ABOUT PAMELA WALLACE
Pamela Wallace is a screenwriter/producer/novelist who has won an Academy Award, Writers Guild of America Award, and Mystery Writers of America Award for Best Original Screenplay for co-writing the movie Witness. She won a CAMIE (Character and Morality in Entertainment Award) for writing the Hallmark Cable Channel film Love’s Unending Legacy.
Her current projects include a historical sports drama screenplay about iconic Native American athlete Jim Thorpe, an action thriller screenplay about a female army veteran who was one of the first women to become a Ranger, and a Young Adult novel about a poor high school girl from Appalachia who gets a scholarship to an elite private preparatory school. This novel is also being marketed as a television series.
Her web series, The Big O, is about a female therapist who works with young women who have suffered sexual trauma.
She has written several other produced films, including:
• An adaptation of the best-selling novel Last Chance Cafe and A Very Merry Daughter of the Bride for Lifetime.
• The Hallmark Cable Channel movies Class, Finding a Family, Living Out Loud, Meet My Mom, Love’s Unending Legacy, Though None Go With Me, Meet the Santas, Single Santa and Straight From the Heart. (The last three were each the highest-rated Hallmark Channel movies at the time they aired.)
• The CBS Christmas MOW Borrowed Hearts, starring Roma Downey, the highest-rated TV program (not just movie) of the week it aired.
• The ABC MOWs Lovers of Deceit, an adaptation of a non-fiction true-crime book, and Alibi, an original script.
• The award-winning HBO film If These Walls Could Talk.
She was Co-Executive Producer on Last Chance Café and A Very Merry Daughter of the Bride, as well as Co-Executive Producer/writer on the first two seasons of the teen television series Beyond the Break for The N Channel, part of Noggin Cable Channel.
- FREE for CSN Members
- Pay-What-You-Can Donation for Guests
HOW DO I JOIN THE EVENT?
Guests will receive an invitation email with a URL link to the virtual event space. The link will go live roughly 10 minutes before the start of the talk. Be sure to join us promptly at or before the start time. You can use Zoom on your phone or tablet (download via Apple or Android store), or your computer via Zoom.us. You do not have to activate your webcam or microphone to RSVP.
Everyone uses different devices, different platforms and different providers. While we can’t diagnose your technical difficulties, we can offer a pair of links [here and here] of helpful tips when using Zoom.